Potato Soup & Ham




I have made this soup for over 57 years!  It's a keeper.  Raised my kids on it...grandkids and now, our great grandchildren.
Hope you enjoy it...add or subtract things to make it your own!

Small bag of Red (New) Potatoes
1/2 stick of butter
5 or 6 slices Ham (your preference)
2-4 cups milk
1 Cup Heavy Cream

Dice up the potatoes
Cook until tender
Pour off all the water except about a fourth of it.
Add in butter, chopped up ham and anything else you'd like.
Add in milk and cream....
bring to a slow boil.  Too thin?  add potato flakes.
Too thick?  add more milk or cream.

Hope you enjoy this meal!  We certainly do!



 

Comments

The Happy Whisk said…
Great to see soup here. I love me some soup and I love that you have a go-to. That's the best. That's how I feel about my mom's mac and cheese only now, I make it without dairy however the same idea. She's made that forever as well and I love me a dish that's lasted a lifetime. Happy Eating. Cheers, Ivy
MELODY JACOB said…
Now that’s the kind of recipe you hold onto. Fifty-seven years says more than any fancy cookbook ever could. You just know it’s been made around a full table, with plenty of stories and second helpings.
There’s something comforting about a simple potato soup like this no fuss, just good, honest food that brings people together. I like that you’ve left room for folks to make it their own too, that’s how the best family recipes carry on. Thank you for sharing a real classic.
That’s the kind of recipe that becomes part of a family’s story, not just a meal. A soup loved for over 57 years and shared through generations says everything about how comforting and special it must be. I really love the “make it your own” spirit too — those are always the best recipes because they bring people together in their own way.

Popular Posts