Bacon & Cabbage

There's almost nothing better than good old Southern Bacon & Cabbage! We love the taste of it as a side dish or even, a main meal. I was in a hurry the other night and needed a quick lo carb meal...quick...Did I say Quick?Hahaaa....SO, after rummaging around in the refrigerator, I spied a lonely little head of cabbage just begging to be remembered! What Else did I see? BACON! Oh Yeah! What a flavorable combination! SO, if you're interested in trying this out, here's what you'll need!

Slice up 4 or 5.....or 6...LOL...slices of bacon and throw the pieces in the pan.
Slice up 1/2 large head of cabbage.
Then, slice it crosswise so it's easier to turn while frying...
Hummmmm....Can you smell that bacon frying??
Bacon crisp yet?? If it is, just throw in the cabbage and stir over a medium heat. Add about a tablespoon of....WHAT??? BUTTER!! Yummmmmm!!! Salt and pepper to taste!
When you've tossed it enough, cover with the lid...
It is SO darn Good people!! Hope you try it because even the picky people in your family won't KNOW that it's really cabbage!! Enjoy

Comments

Jeanette said…
That looks really good. I can almost smell the bacon frying!!
Donna said…
It Does taste good!! Happy day sweetie!
Brenda said…
Mmmm yeah, those are my kinda vittles right there!
Donna said…
Ohhhh...and it was wonderful Miz Brenda! I really missed having hot buttered cornbread with it!!!
Tes said…
The last photo made my mouth water! YUM!
Donna said…
Ahhhh! Thanks Tes!! Don't work too hard in the classroom!!
hughugs
Sandi McBride said…
I love bacon and cabbage! But just have to have a piece of fried on the spider cornbread, too!! Now I know what we're having for supper!!!
hugs
Sandi
Faery said…
Wow this dish looks really good, I have to try this recipe too.
Your mustard sauce was a hit here so I always have to make it.

Popular Posts